Modatek Systems is an automotive Tier 1, Tier 2 supplier of modular engine cradle and twist axle assemblies. Our primary technologies include hydro-forming, weld assemblies, machining and E-coat paint systems. We are a growing division of Cosma, Magna International and are conveniently located in Milton, directly off the 401 at Highway#25. Our facility is 570,000 square feet.
Quality Engineering is required to work with all departments on the development of new products in order to meet customer and TS 16949 / IATF requirements. This includes all quality related aspects of PPAP, prototype and on-going product development
What you will focus on:
- Works with Modatek personnel on Advanced Product Quality Planning, and with cross-functional teams on the development of new and existing components to meet critical customer deadlines
- Implements new procedures and processes in prototype stages of product launches in compliance with customer specific requirements
- Coordinates, prepares and implements new program fixture builds including cost, design, timing and quality to meet customer, and Modatek standards
- Actively participates in the development of PFMEA's
- Develops appropriate key dimensional control points on new programs in conjunction with the project co-ordinator and/or customer
- Liaises between customers, Q.A., Engineering, Manufacturing and suppliers
- Develops and maintains Control Plan documentation and procedures
- Plans and prepares PPAP submissions on new products and engineering changes to meet customer deadlines and customer specific requirements (PSO and Run @ Rate)
- Coordinates customer events at Modatek and ensures professional long term relationships are met and maintained
- Evaluates quality issues utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality while managing customer sensitive documents and data that drives process and product changes
- Assists in TS 16949 implementation and compliance
- Performs statistical studies, reports data and communicates to shop floor for customer problem resolution
- Performs other duties as required
What you will require:
- Post-secondary graduate with a technical degree, diploma or certificate in Quality Engineering.
- Minimum three (3) years of automotive, or similar quality engineering experience with new program launches
- Prior experience with ISO/TS 16949 processes
- Prior experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning, Production Part Approval Process submissions, Geometric Dimensions & Tolerancing, Flow Diagrams, FMEA's, Control Plans, Statistics, and fixture development based on part GD&T
- Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, vernier, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques including Drill Deep, 8D, 5 Phase.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of plant personnel with ease
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
- Chrysler, General Motors and Ford experience an asset.
- Computer efficiency in Microsoft products.
What is expected:
- A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together!
- You will be provided with up-to-date training & knowledge in Quality Assurance
- Extended Health Benefits
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP with employer match
- Educational reimbursement program
- Staff appreciation events
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria