ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION – Professional/Managerial
Posting Date: January 30, 2018
Closing Date: February 28, 2018
Competition No: 882-12-30
Position Title: Director of Business Operations and Ancillary Services
Department: Office of the Bursar
Minimum Salary: Broadband Salary Range: $95,117- $148,058
Hiring Zone: $95,117- $118,894
Type of Appointment: Budget-Continuing
Victoria University is committed to equity in access to employment and a diverse and inclusive workplace. The University encourages applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Bursar, the Director is a senior member of the campus leadership team and advances the University’s mission by guiding and directing a range of services that have a profound impact on potential and current students, staff, faculty, guests and the boarder community. The Director is responsible for managing and delivering innovative and dynamic programs for Hospitality Services including Food, Housing, Catering, Conferences, Event and Space Management, Retail and Parking.
Operating with a high level of autonomy, the Director will bring proven business capabilities and a commitment to enriching all aspects of the student and community experience. Key facets of the position include: strategic visioning, long term planning, departmental operational oversight, budgeting and financial performance management, fostering multiple alliances, managing contractual and stakeholder relationships, analysis and decision making, introducing new technologies, maintaining a positive, healthy and safe work environment, and the development of dynamic solutions to the evolving requirements of a diverse community.
Advanced University degree in business or hospitality or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in a leadership role combined with senior leadership in food services, housing or ancillary operations preferably at a postsecondary setting or in an institutional service based environment
- Demonstrated track record of supervising, team building, motivating management and unionized associates, collaboration with constituents and leading high-performance program and service delivery
- Current extensive knowledge of food services, housing and/or conference operations and trends
- Superior and innovative approach to analyzing and problem solving, anticipating challenges and opportunities, mitigating risk and applying forward-thinking insight and principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a passion for customer service, proven financial acumen, sharp negotiation skills and the ability to present to groups at a senior level
- Strong commitment to enhancing the student and community experience within the University’s unique culture and creating a positive image for Victoria University and its community
Please fax, mail or email applications to:
73 Queen’s Park Crescent
Toronto ON M5S 1K7
Fax: (416) 921-4556
Employees are required to submit their personnel numbers with their application. Victoria University thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.