Faculty in the School of Health and Wellness are responsible for providing instruction to learners; evaluating learner progress, designing and developing curriculum and instructional materials, and supporting learners in meeting the learning outcomes of their courses and programs.
Candidates must be committed to effective teaching and demonstrate the ability to teach courses within the field of health care instruction in a broad range of settings. This includes but is not limited to teaching face to face; on-line; in blended delivery settings; synchronously via adobe connect, and in the workplace.
Provide Quality Instruction in Courses as Assigned
- Instructs courses as assigned
- Selects instructional strategies to meet learner needs
- Creates lesson plans
- Develops and update curriculum, guides and rubrics as requested by Program Coordinator
- Evaluates learner performance on an ongoing basis and provides learners and administrators with learner progress reports
- Maintains official records as required
- Provides instruction to a variety of settings
Provide a Positive Learning Experience for Learners
- Supports learners regarding with issues (for example: attendance; conduct, performance)
- Identifies areas of concern and refer to the Program Coordinator if follow up is necessary
- Refers learners to other institutional supports as required (for example: tutoring, counseling)
- Ensures that special student accommodations are met (for example: reduced course load, vision impairments, hearing impairments, testing) as per individualized accommodation (IAP)
- Supports the program in awarding of scholarships and bursaries
- Participates in college and departmental events that promote learner success (for example: orientation, graduation)
Build and Maintain Relationship with Internal and External Stakeholders and promote the Department and the College
- Keeps current regarding changes in best practice and adapts curriculum as required
- Assists with articulation and transfer activity for learners as required
- Meets with industry stakeholders and sit on Advisory Committees as required
- Attends external community meetings
- Participates in recruitment events as schedule permits
- Maintains a networking relationship with employers of Practical Nurses
Other Duties /Special Projects
- Follows College Policies and procedures
- Completes any professional development requirements (for example: D2L; Agresso Student Module training, Instructional Skills Training, FOIP)
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma In Nursing
- 4 years of nursing experience
- CARNA or CLPNA Practice Permit
- CPR Health Care Provider Level
- Enhanced police information check including a vulnerable sector search
- Ability to work to full scope of practice
- Bachelor of Nursing is preferred
- Teaching learners in regional settings is an asset
- Curriculum development an asset
- Industry relationship an asset
- Strong understanding of the role of the Licensed Practical Nurse
We are seeking a casual Instructor who will be based out of Red Deer and available to work Monday to Friday, the schedule will include days and evenings.
Building/Nurturing/Fostering Relationships & Organization-wide Perspective
- Builds rapport to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
- Is open-minded when different perspectives are presented.
- Is open to and adapts well to change and is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and others to support the implementation of change.
- Demonstrates commitment and support of the College in day-to-day interactions with stakeholders and clients.
- Models a positive image to others both inside and outside the organization.
Critical Decision Making
- Views situations from a broad perspective rather than just their own.
- Anticipates multiple possible causes and consequences of events.
Open Communication/ Listening
- Discusses with supervisor any potential upcoming challenges in their day to day work.
- Maintains respectful, open communications with supervisors, co-workers and colleagues, in order to share both information.
*Please note all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire.