Content experts in the School of Health and Wellness are responsible for developing instructional content and materials that can be taught to learners that will meet the learning outcomes of the specific courses.
Candidates must be committed to working to produce high quality curriculum materials that are up to date with current best practice standards. Content experts will need to work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop materials.
The successful candidate may have an opportunity to instruct the curriculum once developed.
We are seeking a Content Expert - Medical Cannabis.
Responsibilities will include:
Provide High Quality Resources
- Content is up to date and incorporates best practice guidelines
- Develops rubrics and guides as requested by Program Coordinator
- Works with Program Coordinator to ensure materials are appropriate
- Develops and updates curriculum, guides and rubrics as requested by Program Coordinator
Build and Maintain Relationship with Internal and External Stakeholders and promote the Department and the College
- Keeps current regarding changes in best practice and adapts curriculum as required
- Maintains a networking relationship with employers of health care providers
Other Duties /Special Projects
- Follows College Policies and procedure
- Completes any professional development requirements (for example: D2L; Agresso Student Module training, Instructional Skills Training, FOIP)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree (Health or Human Services would be preferred)
- Medical evidence-based cannabis knowledge.
- 5 years nursing or related experience.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
- Masters in a health related field preferred.
- Ability to work to full scope of practice.
- Curriculum development and/or teaching experience recommended
- Industry relationship an asset
This is a contract opportunity starting in May 2018.
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.