Under the leadership of the Director of Designated Assisted Living (DAL) Services and in collaboration with the Resident Care Manager (RCM), the Clinical Practice Lead (CPL) provides on-site support to the health care team in the provision of quality person-centered care to meet the highest possible health care standards. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Providing support to staff so they have the necessary tools and knowledge to offer client centered care to residents; organize and lead in-service training for care staff; provide ongoing mentoring to the LPN team. The Clinical Care Coordinator works under the governance of the Health Professions Act and has a working knowledge of the program’s business plan, Supportive Living Accommodation Standards, Alberta Health Services (AHS) Continuing Care Health Service Standards, as well as departmental policies and procedures related to health care administration, finance, and human resources and ensures that service delivery is carried out in accordance with Excel Society’s Philosophy and Policies.
- Must be registered with CARNA or RPNAA.
- Management experience working with seniors, people with mental illnesses, physical disabilities, communication barriers, and behavior management.
- Experience supporting individuals in a Supportive Living, preferably DAL setting.
- Requires sound judgment and excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills utilizing patience and diplomacy.
- Effective leadership, mentoring, and motivational skills. Hands-on leadership style.
- Sound organizational ability, problem solving, critical thinking, and crisis management skills.
- Able to work in a team atmosphere as well as independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Satisfactory current criminal record check.