Job ID: 20180051
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The primary focus in this Project Manager position will be to facilitate construction field services including monitoring activities at assigned construction sites to ensure that construction progresses as scheduled and adheres to contract specifications.
The successful candidate will be familiar with the commonly-used construction concepts, practices, and procedures to aid the lead design consultant in review of Requests For Information and subsequent responses, assist with site instructions and other site co-ordination issues. The role will include ensuring that operations and contractor's work are well coordinated and the coordination of TransLink's subcontractors and owner supplied equipment (escalators/faregates) with General Contractor works.
Plans, manages, executes and controls one or multiple assigned infrastructure and engineering projects and ensures the successful delivery according to enterprise engineering project management standards, governance and procedures.
- Plans, manages, executes, and controls all aspects of assigned capital projects, in alignment with the divisional strategy and departmental objectives.
- Leads the strategic planning of the assigned capital projects, including defining the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management; creating business cases/justifications and work plans, determining the objectives
and measurements, determining the budget, resources, and stakeholders; setting up the project schedule and review plan.
- Manages and monitors the assigned projects throughout the implementation stage, including executing the project according to project plan; creating project management records and documentations; monitoring the project progress and
financial status of project. Anticipates and proactively manages change throughout the project life cycle.
- Prepares contracts, Requests for Proposals (RFP) and tender documents for projects, including terms and conditions, scope of work definition, technical requirements, project specific requirements and project schedule constraints.
- Presents and reports the project progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and key project metrics to senior leadership team. Provides suggestions and recommendations to the senior leadership team on risk management and project delivery.
- Manages cross functional project teams and stakeholders across the enterprise. Develops and maintains a respectful and productive relationship with all stakeholders. Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of the project.
- Provides expert advice and recommendations on engineering project management standards, governance and procedures to continuously improve the enterprise project management practices.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through completion of University degree in Engineering and/or Business and a PMP certification is required. Requires six 6 years of previous experience in design related to
transportation systems, and related project management work.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of project management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills, to resolve critical and high impact issues.
- Advanced financial acumen to allow for effective planning, management, and expenditure of operational and capital costs.
- Advanced time management and organization skills to balance and coordinate effort across multiple, concurrent activities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid technical skills in business and project management computer applications and databases.
37.5 hours per week.
$83,407 to $104,259 per year ($42.63 to $53.28 per hour)
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
How to Apply
Please go to www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to www.translink.ca/careers
TransLink is committed to employment equity.