Job ID: 20180056
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
In this role the candidate will provide project management expertise to develop, implement and control assigned capital projects, such as SeaBus terminal upgrades, bus hoist replacements, SkyTrain station and operations center and infrastructure upgrades, Trolley Bus rectifier station replacements and new bus exchanges. Backgrounds in civil, electrical and mechanical building and equipment upgrades would be beneficial, especially in the transit industry.
Responsible for defining and managing work programs to meet multiple objectives on several concurrent projects including managing resource requirements by allocating and reviewing work tasks. Included in this role is to liaise at a senior level with internal and external stakeholders and effectively manage internal and external communications. The scope of the role also involves defining and managing project risks, determining, justifying and managing consultant assignments to ensure overall on-time, on-budget delivery.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through completion of University degree in Engineering and/or Business a Professional Engineering designation or eligible to register as a P.Eng and PMP certification also is required. Requires eight (8) years of previous experience in full cycle engineering project management.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of project management.
- Advanced leadership skills to provide coaching, development and performance management to reporting staff.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including negotiation skills as they relate to contracts and resolution of contractual issues.
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills, to resolve critical and high impact issues.
- Advanced financial acumen to allow for effective planning, management, and expenditure of operational and capital costs.
- Advanced time management and organization skills to balance and coordinate effort across multiple, concurrent activities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid technical skills in business and project management computer applications and databases.
37.5 hours per week
$106,502 to $133,128 per annum ($54.43 to $68.04 per hour)
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
How to Apply
Please go to www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to www.translink.ca/careers
TransLink is committed to employment equity.