- Undertake diagnostic assessment in relation to psychiatric and non psychiatric illness with use of diagnostic history taking, physical examination, laboratory assessment.
- Undertake pharmacotherapeutic treatment recommendation during consultation and pharmacotherapeutic intervention.
- Provide Psychiatric consultation to referral sources looking for specialized treatment opinions.
- Prescribe psychotherapeutic intervention including any or some of the following therapies including: Group or Individual Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness Based Therapies, Psychodynamic Based Therapies, and others) or be willing to refer to sources that provide these treatment approaches.
- Contribute to the Provision of Educational Support for a variety of treaters including students, residents, graduate students post doctoral fellows in family medicine, psychiatry, pediatrics, psychology, psychotherapy, social work, occupational therapy, nursing etc.
- Contribute to the research undertaken in the clinical setting.
- Attend meetings and events undertaken by the clinic in relation to any number of clinic activities.
Skills & Qualifications Requirements:
The candidate should possess strong clinical skills with a capacity for team building, multi-disciplinary collaboration and excellence in clinical care.
The candidate must hold a medical degree with four to five years of specialty residency training. They must be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. (Licensing by the provincial or territorial licensing authority is required.)
Preferred candidates will have an adult psychiatry background with specialist qualifications, FRCPC or equivalent. The successful candidate will have extensive experience with management of the mood and anxiety disorders as well as OCD, PTSD, ADHD and related disorders. CBT skills are an asset. Clinical research experience is desirable, but not mandatory. In addition, the candidates must provide proof of professional liability insurance.
Wages being offered are a minimum of $160.60 per hour for a 40-hour week in accordance with Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) billings and standards based on an estimate of fee-for-service billings.