Location: Calgary, AB, CA
An exciting opportunity exists for an Occupational Physician in Calgary, AB. Imperial's Occupational Health services are well established, fully integrated, occupational health program which provide fitness for work assessments, health surveillance, clinical disability case management, industrial hygiene, workers’ compensation, and health risk management. In this position, you will have the opportunity to provide medical consultation and expertise for a wide variety health issues and support the company’s health policy and priorities. You will work in a collaborative occupational health team to support the delivery of the company’s Occupational Health programs and services across Canada (to over 7.5k of employees), including our ExxonMobil operations in Canada.
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) registered with, or eligible for registration with, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and/or Ontario and/or Newfoundland and Labrador
- Minimum of five years of related practice in Occupational Health or Occupational Medicine in Canada
- Demonstrated experience with employer health programs and services
- Demonstrate competency in the following areas: clinical/health risk assessment; fitness for work determination; disability case management
- 5-10 years of experience in related practice; either full-time or as a significant component of practice
- Certification in Occupational Medicine, and in good standing with any current occupational health censing body is a clear and significant asset
- Knowledge of provincial OH&S legislation, including Workers’ Compensation legislation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience in the industry (oil and gas, energy, or mining)
- Strong clinical, analytical and planning skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, SharePoint and Outlook and electronic medical record usage (ie: Medgate) is required
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Willingness and availability to travel or spend periods of time at various operating sites
Start date: April 2018 - negotiatable
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career and will contribute to the international team of doctors within our ExxonMobil Corporation.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package, one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: March 18, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.