This is a permanent full-time position. Remuneration is on a fee-for service basis. We also provide a group benefits package; generous vacation allowance and time off for continuing medical education. You will require the skills and training of a licenced physician including a recognized university medical degree; completion of residency requirements; Licentiate from the Medical Council of Canada and the Manitoba College of Physicians and Surgeons.
This is a typical general practice except that we see very little pediatrics, and very little advanced geriatrics. Many of the patients coming to this office are ambulant downtown working people. Patients see us for both episodic as well as continuing ongoing care.
You will carry out duties as a general practitioner including:
- Diagnose and treat the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of walk-in patients and patients with appointments,
- Examine patients and take their histories,
- Order laboratory tests to be conducted at our short-list laboratory, or use the Dynacare Laboratory on-site in our clinic,
- Order X-rays and other diagnostic procedures,
- Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health,
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments,
- Vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases,
- Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention,
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues,
- Manage primary patient care,
- Provide continuous care to patients,
- Report contagious and other diseases to governmental authorities.
This is an excellent opportunity to practice medicine without the responsibility of administrating an office. We would be pleased to hear from you.