Medical Consultant – Talent Pool
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is working to establish a patient-focused, results-driven, integrated and sustainable publicly funded health system. Its plan for building a sustainable public health care system in Ontario is based on helping people stay healthy, delivering good care when people need it, and protecting the health system for future generations.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of thousands of Ontarians and to be on the leading edge of improving the sustainability and accessibility of the healthcare system in Ontario!
In joining the Ontario Public Service, you will not only start a new job, but will launch into a career of endless possibilities. You will have variety and challenge in your work, have access to formal and informal continuous learning opportunities and have the ability to pursue career development. We offer comprehensive benefits, a valuable Employee Assistance Program, numerous employee recognition and engagement initiatives, social networks and a focus on work-life balance.
To learn more about the Ministry of Health, explore our website: www.health.gov.on.ca
Successful candidates may choose to work on a full-time or part-time basis in either Toronto or Kingston. Please be sure to indicate your preferences through the pre-screening questions.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this meaningful role, you will:
• Research and advise on clinical, medical and technical implications with respect to the development, implementation and maintenance of accountability agreements and contracts with provincial and individual providers and health care organizations
• Provide advice on the development and engagement of external stakeholders and the management of the accountability relationship
• Lead and participate on working groups, cross functional teams and expert panels
• Engage and consult with major stakeholders in the health care field
Location: Kingston, Toronto
How do I qualify?
• A Medical Degree from a university of recognized standing
• Currently hold a valid licence to practice medicine in the Province of Ontario
Medical Knowledge and Skills
- You have demonstrated experience in medical consultation or administration to provide medical expertise and leadership in the development of physician payment programs and related policies, including accountability agreements and contracts
- You have knowledge of the health care system in Ontario, health care delivery and physician remuneration methods under OHIP
- You have an understanding of Ontario's legislative authorities and related programs impacting the medical profession, including knowledge of current issues confronting the health care system, associated programs, legislation, goals, and objectives
Research, Analytical, and Problem Solving Skills
- You have demonstrated research and analytical skills to participate in the analysis of medical claims
- You can coordinate and conduct research and analysis related to health care system and health program trends, practices, theories and related implications
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You have well developed verbal and written communication skills to provide consultation, advice, expertise and interpretation/application of complex medical terminology or clauses within mandates, agreements/contracts, regulation, and potential strategies
- You have experience developing and maintaining key stakeholder relations
Other Required Knowledge and Skills
- You have leadership skills to manage and lead working groups
- You are proficient in the use of computers and software applications such as MS Office (e.g. Word, Access, Excel, Outlook)
Salary Range: $170,114 - $197,547 per year
- Permanent - Full Time, 1055 Princess St, Kingston, East Region or 5700 Yonge St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- Permanent - Regular PartTime, 1055 Princess St, Kingston, East Region or 5700 Yonge St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- The number of positions to be filled has not been identified at this time. This competition will be used to create an eligibility list to fill upcoming opportunities within the next twenty-four (24) months.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 120539, by Tuesday, April 3, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.