Project Manager - Construction
If you are seeking a new challenge in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, this is the job for you. Peel Regional Police is looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager with at least three years of experience in ICI construction, to co-ordinate and oversee a number of construction projects. With multiple projects on the go at any given time, this role will keep you busy and provide many opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Construction Project Manager, you will draw on your strong building construction background and your leadership skills to ensure the planning, scheduling, management and co-ordination of all Peel Regional Police construction projects. The Police Sector is a culture that moves fast and so, if you’re good at juggling multiple priorities and like the thrill of on-going and fast-moving project deadlines, this will be a great fit for you.
More specifically, as Project Manager - Construction, you will:
- Manage and co-ordinate the work performed by consultants, contractors and sub-trades to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and achievement of expected quality and workmanship.
- Develop, implement and interpret construction contracts, procurement documents, specifications and drawings, in concert with external consultants, Management and Regional support staff, e.g. Purchasing, Legal and Risk Management.
- Develop project budgets and schedules, control expenditures, procure goods and services within approved authorization and in accordance with applicable by-laws, and process all applicable invoicing and progress draw certificates.
- Participate in the planning, development and implementation of interdepartmental goals, objectives and capital improvement and building revitalization programs and strategies.
- Establish and maintain control of project elements, time lines, budgets and work structure accountabilities, Building and Fire Code regulations, construction contracts, including tendering processes, commissioning principles and practices of building services, construction and maintenance processes.
- Ensure project management services adhere to, and comply with, all agency policies, procedures, directives, management orders and policing standards.
- Ensure and enforce compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all other regulatory acts and standards consistent with the construction process and industry.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
In the role of Project Manager - Construction, you will apply the following education, experience and skills:
- A community college diploma in Construction Management, Project Management or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ related experience in building construction services and processes, including at least three (3) years at the Project Management level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of related computer applications pertinent to the function.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal codes and regulations.
- Working knowledge in specification preparation and service contract administration.
- Demonstrated supervisory/leadership, planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Valid Ontario driver`s licence (Class G) with full driving privileges.
- Ability to complete the following tests successfully: Technical Skills Assessment; and Driver Evaluations.
The salary range for this permanent full-time position is $73,667.00 - $119,594.00 and is complemented by a comprehensive benefit program, including employer paid Health/Dental (after 6 months) and Life Insurance; and the OMERS Pension Plan.
Peel Regional Police is committed to ensuring the health and wellness of its employees and offers many programs and services in support of work-life balance and both personal and professional wellness. That’s why, in addition to offering a salary rate that is competitive with any of the other GTA Police Services, we offer one of the most comprehensive benefit and wellness programs available in the police sector. From wellness protection for you and your family, to state-of-the-art fitness facilities available to you free of charge, to structured programs to nurture your intellectual, physical, and emotional wellness, we’ve got you covered.
Our Vision: A Safer Community Together
Peel Regional Police, the second largest municipal police service in Ontario, polices the cities of Mississauga and Brampton (population 1,346,000) and serves the 44 million travellers who pass through Toronto Pearson International Airport annually.
Peel Regional Police is acknowledged as one of Canada’s most progressive police services. A proactive approach to problem-solving, a dedication to professional excellence and a reputation for making the community a better place in which to live and work – these are the hallmarks of Peel Regional Police.
Qualified persons should apply online at www.peelpolice.ca, referencing Job ID #302022, by Tuesday, November 28, 2017. No agency contact and/or referrals, please.