About Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Toronto Community Housing Corporation (“TCHC”) is Canada’s largest social housing provider. We provide homes to 58,500 households with low and moderate incomes, in some 350 developments across the city. Our residents include seniors, families, singles, refugees, recent immigrants to Canada and people with special needs. Our resident population reflects a broad diversity in terms of age, education, language, sexual orientation, mental and physical disability, religion, ethnicity and race, as well as increasing diversity in lifestyles and values. Our 1,600 employees work to achieve our vision of better homes, better neighbourhoods, and a better Toronto for all.
Make a difference
The Program Supervisor will administer, coordinate, design and deliver construction and maintenance services/solutions to clients. The successful candidate will support the Business Unit(s) in the effective delivery of 24/7/365 Demand Services requests, planned maintenance, preventative maintenance and construction programs in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Note: Please Apply to Requisition # 2191 directly
under Careers -> Current Opportunities.
Deadline to apply: Feb 15, 2018 11:59 pm
What you’ll do
- Plans, coordinates, implements and inspects planned, preventative and emergency maintenance and construction programs
- Provides recommendations in assessing operating systems by replacing/extending life cycle and/or reducing/mitigating potential damages in life cycle of building components
- Prepares, evaluates and executes service proposals (e.g. RFP, quote, contract review, etc.) of construction, preventative, and demand service requests for clients on an on-call 24/7 basis
- Establishes client communication protocols, financial reporting mechanisms, progress updates, scheduling and work activities to meet/exceed contract obligations
- Mitigates risks to client’s assets through establishment of proven service standards
- Assists staff and clients in providing business operation performance reports
- Maintains quality assurance standards
- Supervises multi-disciplinary vendors’ pool, including performance evaluations, site inspection, service procurement and delivery strategies from concept to completion
- Coordinates with various departments within TCH to successfully implement assignments
- Prepares regular equipment/service audits
- Recommends, implements and evaluates corporate vendor management policies and procedures
- Supervises, mentors, trains and directs unionized service and administrative staff
- Coordinates all aspects of service delivery and staff deployment
- Participates in Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) meetings and/or other committees as required
- Participates in Health and Safety compliance, workplace accident and injury investigations and reporting
- Manages ongoing project communication to all parties including progress meetings and presentations to stakeholders.
- Prepares and/or reviews project budgets including profit projections, tracking, adjusting and reporting on profits and costs anomalies, and reconciling costs for quarter/year end
- Provides and recommends approaches on program /project budgets to Program Manager or designate
- Makes presentations to resident groups and other stakeholders on program details
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of job related experience including extensive technical and legislative knowledge and experience in contract administration, tender preparation, and development and monitoring of budget plans.
- College diploma in related technical field or trades certification (Mechanical, Electrical, Carpentry) or equivalent work experience in Architectural/Structural/Mechanical and Electrical/Landscape Architectural and/or Facility Management
- Ability to work on small to large scale projects and multiple projects within a program based environment
- Sound working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Residential Tenancies Act, Ontario Building Code, Fire Code, local By-Laws and other related legislation
- Experience supervising unionized staff would be considered an asset
- Possesses strong negotiating skills and the ability to analyze and evaluate complex problems provide solutions and recommend alternatives
- Possesses advanced skills in computer applications such use of Microsoft Word, Project and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent customer service skills and experience in providing respectful service
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage numerous jobs at one time
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role and only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here's your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing better homes, better neighbourhoods, and a better Toronto for all. When submitting your application/resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting. You can update your profile at anytime, but please note that only application information submitted prior to the deadline to apply will be accepted.
We encourage you to continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available on a regular basis. Thank you for your interest in Toronto Community Housing!
Accessibility for Applicants
Toronto Community Housing is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Toronto Community Housing’s Accessibility Policy.
If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to our Human Resources department at email@example.com or call our accessible accommodations line at 416-981-4119. Please refer to the job requisition number when you contact us.