Based in the outdoor recreation hub of Squamish, BC, this is a senior role for an engineer who understands large industrial process development. Experience working in the chemical, electrochemical, or petrochemical process industry would be ideal. Reporting to the Manager, Advanced Development, you will be responsible for the creation of new processes and equipment that lower cost and improve performance of Carbon Engineering’s Air-to-Fuels process.
This is an opportunity to join a team focused on integrating atmospheric CO2 into liquid fuels production and a great match for an individual who wants to be part of a start-up culture where your contributions are noticed.
Education: graduate level education in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
Experience: minimum 10 years of relevant process development and characterization experience
- Conceptualization and development of new chemical processes and equipment.
- Design and implement benchtop/pilot scale equipment/processes for proof-of-concept characterization.
- Perform and analyze designed experiments that screen critical process variables and solve complex problems.
- Transfer of new technologies from development to production.
- Interaction with plant process and design engineers to identify development opportunities.
- Prepare specifications for new equipment and processes.
- Capex and Opex cost estimation for new processes and equipment.
- Strong understanding of chemistry and chemical engineering concepts including mass transfer, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and kinetics.
In addition to technical skills, you also need to have these attributes to be the right fit:
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently towards multiple deadlines with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience and comfort working in a development environment.
- Thrive on doing things that have not been done before (explorer mindset).
- Must have either landed immigrant status or Canadian Citizenship.