The Account Executive, Special Risk Department manages all aspects of a portfolio of high hazard accounts while maintaining outstanding relationships with National and Regional Brokers and Reinsured Client Companies. Representing HSB BI&I’s capabilities as the leader in engineering-based insurance, the Account Executive, SRD will identify opportunities, develop new business, analyze risk and exposures, and negotiate solutions according to Company standards. This position is located in our Head Office in downtown Toronto.
- A University Degree or equivalent.
- CIP designation or actively working towards one.
- 5+ years Commercial Property Underwriting, engineering or related claims experience. Boiler & Machinery experience is an asset.
- P .Eng. or technical background is a strong asset but not a requirement.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Advanced analytical & problem solving skills and ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient with MS Office and database programs.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference AE0118-IIC and send a covering letter along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.