The Manager, Underwriting provides leadership, supervision and authorization of applied Company guidelines to a team of Head Office and field underwriters, as well as underwrites and advises on a broad range of risks with a focus on strategic and new products. The Manager, Underwriting partners with organizational leaders to contribute towards pricing strategies of new and existing products, and performs qualitative and quantitative analyses of product performance and pricing metrics, to make recommendations based on statistical data and a broad depth of applied expertise. Additionally, the Manager, Underwriting seeks to identify operational underwriting opportunities including strategic products, that contribute towards the profitability and competitiveness of HSB BI&I. This role reports to our Director, Underwriting is ideal for an innovative thinker with a problem solving mindset focused on enhancing HSB BI&I’s underwriting excellence.
- University Degree, related to Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics preferred
- CIP or enrolled in the CIP program
- 10+ years Commercial Lines Underwriting experience with a solid understanding of product wording, rate making, reserving and risk management
- Demonstrated leadership skills including employee engagement, development and teamwork
- High level of numeric competence and excellent data gathering, manipulation and statistical skills
- An aptitude for innovative problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with ability to simplify the complex
- Exceptional research skills and able to develop and deliver presentations
- Exhibited ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- Self-starter in a collaborative environment able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference MU1117-IIC and send a covering letter along with a resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.