Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
Are you looking for a change from the traditional? We’re not your typical reinsurer, we are a reinsurance partner to over 50 mutual insurance companies across Canada.
Picture your life at Farm Mutual Re. You finish your morning coffee as you pull off the 401 at Cambridge, Ontario to arrive at the LEED®-certified, corporate headquarters of the first Canadian-owned reinsurer in the country. You spend your day working with a small, professional team, building relationships with our valued partners, helping to empower and advance the mutual insurance community and providing our members with unique value and expertise. As you work, you take pride in being part of a Canadian leader in agricultural-based reinsurance solutions.
As the Assistant Vice President, Claims Services, you will manage and control the operations of a multi-line claims unit, with a focus on meeting organizational objectives. You will provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure efficient and effective work processes and quality service while encouraging and supporting continuous improvement. The role focuses on five key areas:
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Risk Management
- Technical claim expertise and exposure on the management of case reserves in excess of $500,000
- Introduction and execution of change management initiatives
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- An Undergraduate Degree, plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry with at least 5 years of leadership/management experience
- A CIP/FCIP designation is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory guidelines
- Proven expertise in Claims reserve reviews and Loss Trend Analysis
- Ability to communicate with influence to key stakeholders
- Solid leadership, mentorship and development for the Claims Department
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strategic planning and analytical abilities, superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor claims procedures, practices, standards and controls to drive results for operational excellence, financial performance, customer service, and legislative compliance
- Ability to identify emerging trends and identify long-term strategic opportunities
- Experience in coverage analysis and the creation of file management strategies
- Budgeting creation experience and ability to monitor variances
- A consultative style and approach to leadership
- The ability to effectively and quickly build trust based relationships with multiple stakeholders
- The courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- The ability to exercise good judgment, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external contacts
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and successfully complete projects with conflicting deadlines and urgency
- Flexibility, results oriented and the ability to deliver on timelines and budgets
- And most importantly the ability to participate in company decision-making as a member of the Farm Mutual Re Leadership team
Join Our Team!
We are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that help us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, yoga classes, ping-pong table and mini-massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid health and dental benefits, extended health care coverage, a defined-benefit pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application by Friday, January 26, 2018.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.