Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company (AFM) is seeking a Policy Production Underwriter.
Primary duties include:
Provide exceptional customer service to our policyholders through underwriting and accurate data entry required to process new business, endorsements, and policy renewals within established service and authority levels.
Evaluate new and renewal personal lines property and automobile insurance policies according to company guidelines to assess exposures and assign appropriate premiums, coverage’s and other conditions to the insurance contract.
- Recommend changes in limits, coverage’s or to the risk itself to make acceptance of new and renewal policies plausible.
Experience & Qualifications
The successful applicant will be an effective communicator who can work collaboratively with our experienced team of underwriters, agents and brokers.
This will require:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Professional, positive and courteous interactions with customers, agents, brokers and co-workers
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Solid attention to detail, time management and analytical skills
- An understanding of auto and property policies, guidelines, wordings and have sound investigative, judgment and decision making abilities
- A commitment to continuing education and involvement in industry networking opportunities
Applicants must demonstrate a common sense approach to risk with sound underwriting knowledge.
The ideal candidate will be an insurance professional with 1-3 years of personal lines underwriting experience, possessing or working towards a CIP designation and/or appropriate education.
Those interested in this excellent opportunity can forward in confidence a resume outlining their experience, education and salary expectations by January 19th, 2018, via email to email@example.com or :
1400 Northumberland Street
Ayr, ON N0B 1E0
Attn: Manager of HR Services
Fax: 519 632-8908
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodation at Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Human Resources will work with the applicant and the selection committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.