The Manager, Commercial and Farm Lines is responsible for developing and maintaining products and underwriting policies that support and promote corporate strategies for the Commercial and Farm Automobile and Property lines of business offered by our broker distribution regional offices.
- Monitors Wawanesa’s experience in the Commercial and Farm Automobile and property lines of business by analyzing regional loss experience, loss ratio and loss frequency together with policy count, average premium and change in mix of business
- Monitors competition, regulatory actions and decisions, and changes in the insurance industry to assess the impact on Commercial and Farm Automobile and Property lines of business
- Creates the schedule and manages the analysis and implementation of product and rate reviews to ensure that our rates are competitive in the marketplace and customers are charged premiums which are representative of their claims risk
- Manages research and development initiatives to provide innovative and competitive products to meet our customer needs
- Mentors and develops team members through the sharing of knowledge and best practices Ensures the effective operation of the department by coordinating and enhancing workflow and operational procedures
- Builds and enhances productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Develops and maintains underwriting guidelines, procedures and contractual agreements with outside service
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of ten years Property and Casualty industry experience
- Completed post-secondary education, and/or completed CIP or equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate and engage team members
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to present information or arguments in a convincing manner
- High level analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions in a timely manner
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and prioritize effective plans that define activities, resources, timelines, and cost estimates
- Ability and willingness to travel
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, you can view a more detailed job description and apply online at www.wawanesa.com by January 19, 2018.