Our Executive Office is looking for someone with commercial underwriting knowledge who is interested in taking their career to that next level as a Senior Product Specialist in the Insurance Solutions Department. In this role, your work will have an organization-wide impact leading and participating in product, coverage and rating reviews to improve and maintain existing commercial insurance products, and to develop new coverages and products for the commercial line of business. You will work closely with our commercial regional offices to support the profitable growth of their commercial books of business.
This role collaborates with their team and various areas of the company including Systems, Marketing and Finance, to ensure product and system changes and roll outs are approved by and consumed correctly by all stakeholders.
If you are currently a commercial underwriter or have commercial underwriting background, then this role is for you!
- Monitoring/analysis and maintenance of current insurance products and wordings (Select Series, Contractors Choice, Chef’s Specialty, Oilfield Select, Automobile Select, Commercial Insurance Policy). This includes keeping current of market and competition trends to ensure that Wawanesa remains competitive in the insurance marketplace
- Lead or participate in research and development initiatives with our Product Innovation team for current products as well as in the creation of new products
- Develop and deliver appropriate training materials and presentations for underwriters, claims departments and brokers as required
- Share your knowledge and skill with others through mentoring
- Continue to shape “One Wawanesa” by collaborating in the development and maintenance of consistent underwriting guidelines and procedures for all commercial regions
- Provide guidance to regional offices requesting risk approvals, helping to shape the company underwriting appetites and best practices
- Keep abreast of all aspects of the company; developing and enhancing business relationships both internal and externally
- Lead regional underwriting reviews to promote consistent and sound underwriting practices and pinpoint training opportunities for regional offices
- Continue with personal development and education with company-supported conferences, seminars, classes and online learning
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of seven years Property and Casualty industry experience, preferably in a commercial capacity and completion of post-secondary education along with completed CIP or equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of farm insurance products would be considered an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including attention to detail
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills including the ability to present information at the right level for the audience
- Ability to develop, deliver and mentor others to adhere to company standards
- Ability to participate in and facilitate high team morale
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Bilingual in French would be considered an asset
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, you can view a more detailed job description and apply online at www.wawanesa.com by January 26, 2018.