As a Commercial Underwriter, you will be accountable for underwriting at all transaction levels including new business, renewals, endorsements and inspection evaluations. This includes the following key skills and experience:
* Working knowledge in underwriting package classes and working knowledge of non-package classes of business,
* Knowledge of construction, occupancy, protection, exposures relating to commercial risks and the interpretation of policy wordings,
* Working knowledge of common exposures including appropriate risk identification, assessment, loss control, and processes,
* Working knowledge of manual rating methodologies and in the use of X-rate and U-rate,
* Effective team building skills with a passion to share knowledge and build relationships with Brokers, Underwriting team and Claims team,
* Sound judgement and confident decision making abilities,
* Strong knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs,
* Effective communication skills to interact with various internal and external contacts,
* Ability to work confidently under pressure and multi task,
* Superior customer service mindset; and
* CIP/FCIP/CRM designation(s) would be considered an asset.
Visit thecommonwell.ca for a detailed role description. Qualified applicants are asked to submit their resume by January 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Commonwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring barrier free employment practices. Should you require accommodation due to disability, let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.