BFL CANADA is looking for a Senior Claims Advisor in our Claims Department for its Vancouver Office!
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a liaison and advocate between the client and insurer with a view to resolving all claims and to perform all task related to the settlement of claims on client accounts. Your clients include both the insureds and their respective Client Management team.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A SENIOR CLAIMS ADVISOR
Upon notification of a new claim, reviews the relevant policy, gathers all necessary facts and information, and contacts the insurer.
Conducts analysis of claims and coverage in order to provide effective solutions to coverage issues.
Provides technical expertise to clients regarding claims coverage.
Communicates effectively and professionally with the client and Client Management team regarding notification, progress and resolution of claims.
Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with adjusters and insurers and solicitors.
Negotiates payments and reimbursements with the insurers on the client’s behalf.
Liaises with the Accounting department to ensure proper settlement of claims.
Provides assistance, mentorship and support to other members of the Claims team.
Participates in presentation to prospective clients and/or associations, as needed.
Maintains current and accurate files and documentation for each claim on EPIC.
Prepares claims reports as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum 10 years claims experience, preferably in construction, professional liability and commercial insurance. Experience in transportation, and marine an asset.
- University degree or professional insurance designation in claims
- Level 2 license or applicable provincial license requirements
- Experience with higher value and complex claims
- Excellent technical knowledge, attention to detail and precision
- Exemplary analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and professionally with clients, team members and others within the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Client centric and service oriented perspective
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and EPIC
Reports to: Vice President Claims
You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Let’s make a difference together: please forward your resume in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify in the email subject this job title and the location, so we can learn more about you.