Consider this opportunity with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), Automobile Insurance Division, to assess, determine compliance, and make recommendations related to all filings submitted by regulated insurance companies in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
- lead and participate on projects related to the review of rate, risk classification system, underwriting, endorsements, forms, compliance, policies and processes and insurance industry issues;
- as part of a team, provide the delivery of excellent service to our stakeholders;
- provide technical support for assigned hearings;
- liaise with other jurisdictions and maintain awareness of trends;
- review industry practices and provide appropriate summaries for policy recommendations.
How do I qualify?
- you have proven excellent knowledge of automobile insurance rating and risk classification plans;
- you have knowledge of the Insurance Act as it pertains to automobile insurance, Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act, and related regulations;
- you have the ability to provide recommendations with respect to automobile insurance filings that may conflict with statutory requirements.
Communication & Analytical Skills:
- you have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate and assist internal and external stakeholders (insurance companies, for example), provide advice and recommendations to management and executives in the branch and the division, prepare briefing notes, reports and presentations;
- you have analytical skills to provide research on rate, risk classification system, underwriting, and forms issues;
- you can assess requirements of legislation, policy directives and guidelines;
- you can assess technical components of rate and risk classification systems and related financial issues, identify issues and recommend solutions;
- you can conduct research and determine scope, compile and assess information and prepare report findings;
- you can develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials and stakeholders.
- you have superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload;
- you have the ability to lead/coordinate projects.
- you have advanced knowledge of various computer software;
- you have knowledge of data management and systems development methods.
Salary Range: $1,366.82 - $1,754.98 per week
- 1 Permanent, 5160 Yonge St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, February 2, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 118111 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.