The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure all Automobile Physical Damage claims are adjusted promptly and professionally, while providing exceptional expertise and service to our brokers and clients. This individual will investigate, negotiate and settle claims across Canada in compliance with Automobile Claims Protocols. You will determine appropriate loss reserves for each claim, interpret and explain policy wordings to brokers and clients and make contact with third parties such as legal representatives, police and engineers in order to complete a full investigation. This individual will use their experience to recognize and investigate potential insurance fraud, as well as recovery and salvage opportunities. He/she will have the opportunity to participate in Claims Department meetings, assist in the development of guidelines and protocols and identify key trends related to risk management.
- 4+ years of relevant Claims experience
- College diploma or University Degree or equivalent
- CIP or working towards would be an asset
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Innovative, creative and results oriented
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Valid driver’s license and insurance is an asset
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks.