The successful candidate is an experienced Claims Adjuster, reporting to the Claims Manager. He/She will be responsible for evaluating claims and interpreting insurance policies to negotiate and settle claims in a concise and timely fashion.
The Claims Adjuster also actively seeks and suggests improvements to existing processes, to strategically contribute to strengthen our claims capabilities and clients’ experiences.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate claims against insurance coverage.
- Ensure that all required forms and documents are completed.
- Negotiate claim settlements in a concise and timely fashion.
- Calculate and issue claims payment within line of authority.
- Maintain claim records and files in accordance with corporate standards.
- Recognize, determine and pursue subrogation and salvage opportunities when applicable.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our partners.
- Acquire new information from industry sources and propose ideas for process improvement and efficiency.
- Participate in the team’s development via knowledge sharing and offering assistance.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Active listening skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent negotiations, investigative and analytical skills.
- Proactive, detail oriented and quality focused.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret policy wordings.
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful.
ACADEMIA AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ of technical experience in the claims field (either Examiner or Adjuster experience).
- Minimum college degree or have insurance work experience and or vocational training.
- Savvy with the Microsoft Office Suite. Minimum Intermediate user.
CONSIDERED AS ASSETS
- Experience in Lloyd’s market.
- Experience in handling household goods moving insurance claims.
- Understanding of insurance policies, legislations and regulations.
- CIP designation or currently enrolled in institute courses to obtain CIP.
- RIBO License.
- Ability to speak and correspond in French.