Are you a highly-motivated insurance professional experienced in property casualty wording development and coverage analysis?
Do you want to be part of a team that influences decisions on the development and implementation of coverage wordings and underwriting guidelines? As an Insurance Resource Officer you will conduct research on property casualty trends, develop and update coverage products and guidelines, create reference material, act as a resource for a network of mutual insurance companies, and provide input on business analysis, marketing and underwriting strategy. If you are a self-motivated individual who can combine individual work effort with team projects, then read on!
You’ll work in a team setting with our Insurance Services Department staff on projects that involve the review, development and maintenance of insurance forms, wordings, guidelines, and reference material for use by OMIA’s network of mutual insurers.
Collaboration will form a core part of your day-to day activities and projects will be assigned that provide exposure to a wide range of insurance products and risk profiles.
- You will work with member company stakeholders in Ontario and across Canada.
An ability to travel on brief trips within Canada, with a focus on Ontario is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with personal and commercial insurance products in the property casualty insurance industry
- Experience in any of the operational disciplines – underwriting, adjusting, loss prevention or risk management will be considered relevant
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in insurance business
- CIP designation or are actively working towards it
- Ability to work with, develop, edit, and interpret coverage wordings and risk selection guidelines
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams from across the property/casualty spectrum
- Ability to focus on providing service, determining needs, and providing insurance technical assistance to multiple stakeholders including insurers, members of the distribution chain and reinsurers
- Ability to produce accurate, detail-oriented work and understand strategic goals and objectives
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office and able to learn new software programs quickly
You’ll work out of our employee-friendly, state-of-the-art facility located by the 401 in Cambridge. With award-winning environmental technology throughout the building, employees enjoy a positive workplace that supports a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. A large fitness facility, outdoor walking path and other healthy living initiatives complement our green building.
If we've sparked your interest and you are up for a challenge, we encourage you to submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.