Are you a highly-motivated insurance professional searching for an opportunity to research, design and deliver training programs to property casualty insurers?
Do you want to be part of a team that researches the needs of insurance professionals, identifies emerging issues, develops training programs, and facilitates knowledge transfer to a wide spectrum of stakeholders? As a Training and Research Officer you will research and analyze insurance technical issues across a spectrum of insurance disciplines. You will design, coordinate, facilitate and deliver training and will work as necessary with subject matter experts in various technical, insurance, and management fields. If you are an out-going, self-motivated individual who enjoys working with groups and learning new skills, then read on!
You’ll work in a team setting in our Insurance Services Department on projects that provide knowledge development and transfer in the areas of underwriting, claims, loss prevention, risk management, distribution and sales, and general management. In your role, you will work closely with and coordinate other stakeholders including insurance professionals, subject matter experts, and reinsurers. You will also have the opportunity to act as an insurance technical resource and develop reference material for members of OMIA’s network of mutual insurers. In addition, you will have a role in insurance product review, development, and maintenance.
Collaboration will form a core part of your day-to day activities and projects will be assigned that provide exposure to auto, home, farm, and commercial insurance products and risk profiles.
An ability to travel on brief trips within Canada, with a focus on Ontario is preferred. An ability to accommodate a flexible daily work schedule is also preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with personal and commercial insurance products in the property casualty insurance industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in either a full or part time role in training
- Experience in any of the operational disciplines – underwriting, adjusting, loss prevention or risk management will be considered relevant
- CIP designation or are actively working towards it
- A diploma or certification in training is preferred
- Experience with e-learning and/or distance learning is also preferred
- Ability to research and analyze emerging issues and training needs
- An ability to plan, develop, organize and deliver training sessions
- An ability to work with groups with a focus on interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Good written and oral communication skills
- An ability to adapt and work in a changing environment
- A strong bias towards customer focus and problem solving
- An ability to learn commonly used technology platforms for training delivery
You’ll work out of our employee friendly, state-of-the-art facility located by the 401 in Cambridge. With award-winning environmental technology throughout the building, employees enjoy a positive workplace that supports a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. A large fitness facility, outdoor walking path and other healthy living initiatives complement our green building.
If we've sparked your interest and you are up for a challenge, we encourage you to submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.