Senior Claims Advisor, Accident Benefits
Reporting to the Manager, Casualty Claims Western Canada the Senior Claim Advisor, Accident Benefits position is technical in nature and focuses on injury claim handling (first party claims). You will be responsible to investigate, negotiate and settle accident benefit claims of moderate to high complexity while providing mentorship and training to junior adjusters.
- Interpret insurance policy wording, determine policy coverages and set reserves on all Section B claims assigned;
- Investigate, negotiate and settle accident benefit claims of moderate to high complexity by telephone, in person and/or by written correspondence;
- Comply with best practices as set out in Allstate policies and procedures;
- Adhere to legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure files are thoroughly documented;
- Settlement of claims within personal authority and follow company guidelines on claims exceeding personal authority;
- Set and define customer service expectations;
- Take ownership and accountability to solve customer problems;
- Maintain a caseload reflective of a Senior Claim Advisor;
- Communicate and interact with claimants, vendors, medical professionals, lawyers in a professional manner;
- Work collaboratively with a team of Accident Benefit Adjusters and Claims Assistants and provide mentorship and training to junior adjusters;
- Other tasks as required.
- Post-secondary education is preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years relevant Accident Benefits Claims experience;
- Completion of CIP designation or desire to pursue is preferred;
- Experience and knowledge in injury claims, medical rehabilitation concepts, and medical terminology is preferred;
- Strong time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of a claim;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a commitment to providing outstanding customer service;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team environment.
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2018 list of the Best Employers in Canada!