Senior Claims Advisor, Property
As a Senior Claim Advisor, Property, you will investigate, assess and settle property claims by telephone, in person and/or written correspondence.
Please note this position can include work on the weekends and statutory holidays if a catastrophe requires work outside of normal working hours.
You will also be accountable for:
- Ability to handle large claim pending in excess of 200 claims;
- Investigation and settlement of catastrophic property claims of moderate to high complexity;
- Interpret insurance policy wordings, determine policy coverage's and reserves;
- Ensure prompt and equitable settlement of claims in Canada;
- Ensure superior customer service experience for policyholders;
- Work together with customers, preferred and non-preferred vendors to bring a file to resolution;
- Advise distribution partners on possible coverage opportunities;
- Other tasks as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education is preferred or completion of CIP designation or willingness to obtain;
- Minimum 1-2 years of claims adjusting experience preferably in property claims;
- Commitment to providing superior customer service;
- Proficient keyboard skills and computer literacy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Highly motivated and able to work well independently as well as on a team.
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2018 list of the Best Employers in Canada!