OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and to developing careers. We're looking for someone to join our team as a:
Customer Service Representative (Property and Casualty Insurance)
- Do you like to take care of people?
- Are you at your very best when there's something that needs resolving?
- Do you strive to be the one people rely on most?
If the above sounds like you, then consider OTIP for your next career move!
As a member of our Broker Service team, your responsibilities will include:
- Directing or responding to telephone inquiries and written requests.
- Resolving product and service problems.
- Attracting potential members. This includes answering questions and providing information regarding products and services, obtaining ex-dates, and meeting or surpassing ex-date objectives to increase sales potential.
- Processing rewrites and remarkets following established new-business guidelines.
- Providing quality service while adhering to customer service standards, keeping information confidential to protect operations.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you might be the person we're looking for. We need someone who has:
- A RIBO license or willingness to obtain it (company sponsored).
- A minimum of one year's experience in personal lines automobile and property insurance.
- The completion of or the commitment to complete the following three insurance courses or three equivalent insurance courses: CIP Principles and Practice, Property 1, and Automobile.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- The ability to communicate in French is an asset.
- Availability to work evenings and Saturday shifts.
OTIP is more than just a place to work. In addition to competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, OTIP offers a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! Our employees have the opportunity to provide feedback on departmental goals, to participate on committees, to work collaboratively, and to continuously improve their professional skills. As one of Waterloo Area's Top Employers for 2018, as awarded by Toronto-based publisher Mediacorp Canada, we take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more! To recruit the best, we offer the best. For more information on OTIP and its Group of Companies (TW, CURO), our company culture, and perks we offer, visit the 'Life at OTIP' page on our website.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.