Reporting to the SVP, Personal Lines we are seeking an energetic AVP Business Development to drive new business growth and maintain effective key relationships within our Personal Lines and Commercial Lines new Business Production department.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Growing Ontario’s Group Home and Auto Insurance Portfolio
- Prospecting and Lead generation for new Groups and Corporate Partnerships
- Contribute to the development of marketing & advertising plans
- Work with advertising agencies
- Liaise with our key corporate accounts
- Maintain regular on site visits
- Competitor and market analysis
- Conduct Presentations with Groups
- 5 years of B2B Sales and prospecting experience relevant insurance and/or industry related experience
- Group Home and Auto Insurance experience is an asset
- University Degree or College Diploma, RIBO CAIB and/or CIP designation an asset
- Knowledge of EPIC an asset
- Comprehensive and effective verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision in a team environment
- Strong emphasis on a positive team dynamic
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task between a variety of tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Marketing and advertising background
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Understanding of insurance software and rating engines
- Understanding of market relations
Founded in 1927, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is one of the largest risk management and insurance broking companies in the world. With its corporate headquarters in Itasca, Illinois, US, it employs over 19,000 insurance professionals globally serving clients in over 140 countries and has total revenues in excess of US$3.5 billion. Internationally, AJG and stretches from the UK to Australia, from Canada to the Caribbean, and from Latin America to Asia. Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited employs more than 800 people.
Our experienced practitioners take a resolutely hands-on approach, personally overseeing the service that you're given and doing everything they can to understand your business, your priorities and your wants and needs. At Gallagher, we are proud of our ability to put our clients – not our products – at the Centre of our operations. We believe that we think and behave differently than other brokers because we know that brand names don’t deliver services – people do.
Arthur J Gallagher welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email your resume in confidence to Human Resources at email@example.com and include “AVP Business Development” in the subject line. For more information about our company, visit our website at http://ajgcanada.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.