The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) requires your analytical thinking in their Automotive Insurance Division to review insurer filings and determine compliance of filings with legislative standards, policy and guidelines.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
- review insurer filings and provide recommendations with respect to underwriting rules;
- provide technical support for hearings on rate and risk classification systems or underwriting rules;
- monitor and review rate and risk classification systems;
- provide research on rate and risk classification systems, underwriting and forms.
Location: North York
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of the automobile insurance industry, insurance act, regulations and policies.
Research & Analytical Skills:
- You understand complex formulas.
- You can review industry practices and provide recommendations.
- You have practical insurance or financial/statistical analysis work experience.
- You can interpret relevant legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines to carry out FSCO's mandate.
- You can work under pressure with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- You have extensive knowledge of software and database applications to work in a highly computerized environment.
Communication, Interpersonal & Consultation Skills:
- You know how to work well with colleagues and senior management in a collaborative manner.
- You have relationship management skills to develop and nurture critical stakeholder relationships with the insurance companies that FSCO regulates and insurance regulators in other jurisdictions.
- You can draft responses to letters from Members of Parliament and Minister's.
- You can prepare well written reports, documents and letters, including those to legal counsel.
Salary Range: $1,156.93 - $1,447.55 per week
- 1 Permanent, 5160 Yonge St, North York, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, March 20, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 120463 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.