We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Corporate Underwriting in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the VP, Underwriting and Marketing, the successful individual will be responsible to oversee the development, testing and implementation of system changes, improvements, and projects as they relate to Underwriting. The Manager of Corporate Underwriting ensures the integrity of the projects and technology design for the Underwriting process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and management to the Corporate Underwriting team.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Internal Underwriting System (GIMS), Broker’s Underwriting Portal (phiX) and the company website
- Review system functionality and operating activities to ensure that user and business requirements have been met.
- Partners closely with the I.T. Department in the implementation and testing of system requirements and solutions that support business objectives.
- Work closely with the Branches to support their business needs and initiatives.
- Conduct investigation and analysis into system deficiencies and identify solutions. Assist in the implementation of changes to existing programs.
- Communicates with internal stakeholders regarding the business requirements to support actuarial vision and goals.
- Work with third parties in the development, implementation and/or application of systems.
- Oversee the Help Desk associated with GIMS, phiX, and the website
- Manage the development and upkeep of training manuals and resources
- Ensure effective communication with respect to project initiatives, programs, training materials and guidelines
- Create and maintain program documentation, user documentation and other collateral
- Provide reports to VP, Underwriting and Marketing on the status of projects
- Develop standards, guidelines, and procedures for system testing using approved methodologies
- CIP or FCIP designation.
- Minimum 10 years of property and casualty underwriting experience.
- General overall knowledge of claims, accounting and reinsurance.
- Understanding of the industry and area of service.
- Knowledge of underwriting risks and risk management.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Innovative, forward thinker able to manage multiple priorities.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships.
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay and comprehensive benefit package, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career, submit your resume stating the position you are applying for, to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.