Terms of Employment: Full time, 35 hours per week, Permanent
Benefits: Extended medical, Dental, 4 weeks vacation per year
Reporting to Vice President, Commercial Lines Underwriting, the incumbent is directly responsible for the growth and development of innovative and relevant commercial insurance product offerings for distribution to our broker and carrier network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish, manage, strengthen and expand existing domestic and global insurance broker and carrier relationships with a strong focus on securing new industry partnerships and innovation of insurance products.
- Assist in creation and delivery of business development plans that align with the company’s defined strategic objectives, and integrate products and services from global insurance markets.
- Plan and direct the development of internal and operational controls, information systems, Service Level Agreements for Underwriter customers, and Claims operations, which are compliant with current international insurance market standards and protocols.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and structure insurance contracts with global insurance markets.
- Utilize experience to give staff and customers training and key insights on global insurance markets’ operation.
- Act as the primary liaison for the company with insurance brokers and syndicate underwriters.
- Attend industry events and engage in networking opportunities that emphasize the expertise and access to global insurance markets.
- Five years of related work experience.
- Direct or related work experience with Lloyds of London is an asset.
- University bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, economics or communications.
- English language proficiency in written, and spoken comprehension, French language proficiency an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with deep knowledge of the global insurance marketplace an asset.
Apply by email