We're Hiring Okanagan!
Registered Clinical Counsellors/ Registered Social Workers for our Kelowna and West Kelowna office.
Please note: **OVCS will not be accepting applications or resumes for counsellors working in their own private practice, exclusivity is required. Other work outside of private practice is okay. **
Counsellors will have flexibility in the days and hours they work. They may need to provide services online and in-person for individuals, couples, families, and groups.
Registered Clinical Counselor & Registered Social Worker- Contractor position available immediately at Orchard Valley Counselling Services Inc.
We're seeking a warm, caring, experienced and confident Registered Clinical Counselor or Registered Social Worker to join our team in Kelowna and West Kelowna at our Louie Drive Clinic, and Downtown Clinic.
The RCC or RSW will be responsible for the provision of intake assessment and treatment services for clients with a variety of psychological diagnoses. Experience in Mental Health is required.
- Provide clients with assessment, consultation and psych-educational services
- Communicate effectively with staff members, clients, employers, referral sources, family members and other counsellors
- Psychological case management input and direction to the therapy teams pertaining to initial assessment, treatment planning, clients' progress, conflict resolution, stakeholder discussions and problem solving, and discharge planning
- Quality reporting, documentation, and communication
- Orientation and mentoring to assist other team members to effectively manage clients' psycho-social issues
- Conducting individual and/or group counselling sessions with clients
- Assessing client needs and developing treatment plans
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records and documentation
- Providing crisis intervention and support as needed
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals as appropriate
- Attending regular supervision meetings to discuss client cases and receive support and feedback
- Maintaining confidentiality and ethical standards in all interactions with clients
- Masters in Counseling/Clinical Psychology/ Social Work
- Professional registration with the applicable college or association
- Ability to use creative and structured approaches to assist clients to self-manage
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other correspondence
- Ability to communicate using different styles and methods to suit individual clients and situations
- Ability to make fair, practical and objective decisions about best practice solutions to problems
- Effective in assisting clients in problem solving day to day issues and to generate alternative strategies to reach their goals
- Experience with chronic pain is an asset
- Experience working with PTSD clients
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply today! Visit www.orchardvalleycounselling.ca to check-out our services and supports in our community.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $60.00-$81.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Master's Degree (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Westbank, BC