We are a commercial group of coating companies serving Western Canada; servicing Vancouver Island, Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, the B.C. Interior, north to the Yukon and as far east as Manitoba. We are a relationship-based company providing quality and on-time services to our clients. We pride ourselves on getting the job done for our clients whatever it takes. Today our work includes a mix of painting, fireproofing and resinous flooring to institutional, commercial, big box retail and high-rise residential projects. We are a company committed to working creatively with our clients to meet their needs.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated and skilled Project Manager (full-time), responsible for completing high quality work within set timelines. This is a new opportunity to support our quickly growing business. Reporting to the Project Directors and working with Estimators and Foremen, this role will touch all areas of the project management role, with the goal of this individual developing into a stand-alone Project Manager.
Nothing mandatory. Interest and experience in the construction industry and project administration an advantage.
- This is a multifaceted role; this individual will be involved in all areas of the company and gain well rounded experience.
- Managing projects, visit sites, order material, organize man power, answer scope questions, pricing change orders, completing cost to complete reports and billing.
- Create site files for general superintendents and foreman. Create scope drawings and provide site team will everything they need to be successful.
- Work with suppliers to submit samples of products for approval to General Contractors.
- Research out of town accommodations to align with budgets
- Work with suppliers and to find best pricing for materials and rentals.
- Manage change orders, pricing, submitting and following up/negotiating with GC project team.
- Complete daily safety requirements and ensuring company safety program is in line.
- Job close-out - creating and organizing close-out documentation, distribution and organizing of same.
Skills and Abilities
- Applies excellent coordination, prioritizing, and time management skill for meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal skills reflected in ability to maintain sound communication with co-workers, clients, and all stakeholders.
- Strong problem solver – applies judgment and analysis and considers all variables to arrive at informed decisions
- Strong writing skills to develop concise reports, updates, and messaging.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and juggling multiple tasks
- Resolves conflicts directly and respectfully by keeping an open mind, and being objective.
- Strong computer skills with good understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Understand construction documents and read drawings.
- Diligent, with solid attention to producing high quality work.
- Self-motivated to take initiative and work independently to achieve results.
- Flexible and adaptable to calmly deal with changing timelines and pressure situations.
- Fit with our multi-cultural office; ‘one-team’ culture
- Solid self-management, takes accountability for all actions and decisions
- Applies genuine interest and passion for projects
Join our Team! If you are looking to be a part of a great team and enrich your learning and development, we encourage you to apply.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person