Alliston Diagnostic Centre is seeking a skilled part time Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join our multi-disciplinary team. The successful candidate will perform nuclear cardiology and general imaging procedures. There is a possibility that this position will turn into full time.
- Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Program
- Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario & the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists in the specialty of Nuclear Medicine
- Current BCLS certification required; ACLS certification considered an asset
- Maintain competence in all aspects of Nuclear Medicine technology as may be required by the professional bodies regulating this profession.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and training.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Completion of Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) training required within 1 year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring patient identification; preparing written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results while maintaining patient confidentiality
- Operating, troubleshooting and ensuring equipment and instruments are functioning in a safe and effective manner in accordance with quality improvement programs. This includes ensuring that all quality control assessments are performed as required including maintaining proper records of Quality Control Procedures.
- Maintaining safe and up to date Radiation Safety practices in relation to the receiving, preparing, administering, discarding and monitoring of all Radiopharmaceuticals.
- Taking all reasonable precautions and work in compliance with related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices.
- Preparing all required reports and complying with all Company and Government regulations, including the CNSC
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Work Location: In person