Wellington Vision Care is a small business in Ottawa, ON K1Y 3A7. We are customer-centric, inclusive, fun and our goal is to provide innovative eyecare, inspired eyewear and industry leading customer service to our community.
Our work environment includes:
- Wellness programs
- On-the-job training
We are looking for an Optometric Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the optometrist in a variety of tasks, including patient care, vision testing, and administrative duties. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as a thorough understanding of optometric procedures and protocols. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a growing practice and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
- Assist the optometrist in providing patient care.
- Perform administrative duties such as scheduling appointments, filing patient records, and answering phones.
- Assist with pre-testing procedures such as visual acuity, color vision, depth perception, and pupil dilation.
- Provide patient education on contact lens care and eyeglass maintenance.
- Ensure that the exam room is properly stocked and clean.
- Keep accurate records of patient visits and treatments.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 22 per week
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K1Y 3A7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-07-01