We are seeking two dedicated and dynamic individuals to join our R&D chemical synthesis team in Ottawa, Ontario. The successful candidates will possess experience in modern organic synthesis, and be able to work with an interdisciplinary team in a dynamic and high-paced environment. This opportunity will allow post-doctoral fellows to work both at the University of Ottawa under the supervision of Dr. Robert Ben, as well as within PanTHERA’s industrial setting. We intend to fund this opportunity with a MITACS Accelerate internship.
- Work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and optimize the synthesis of ice recrystallization inhibitor-based cryopreservation products.
- Independently design and execute experiments, collect, maintain and interpret data.
- Articulate and present results to the project team
- Ensure R&D deliverables are met on time.
- Assist in development of quality control processes.
· Assist in design and execution of formulation, stability, and material compatibility studies
· Assist in the scale-up of manufacturing processes
- Assist in the procurement processes in Ottawa and coordinate material and resource allocations.
- Work under minimal supervision, receiving specific instructions only on unusual problems or on matters which depart significantly from established policies and procedures.
- PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry / medicinal chemistry is required. PhDs must have been granted no more than 5 years prior to the application.
- Candidates must meet all MITACS eligibility criteria.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and running chemical assays, analyzing data, summarizing & interpreting data is strongly preferred.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to new priorities.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Focused team-oriented player, with a strong work ethic is required.
- Enthusiasm to tackle difficult problems, learn new technologies, and work in an exciting, high paced environment is a must.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
PanTHERA CryoSolutions is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
This position will remain open until it is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
All our employees follow strict COVID-19-related protocols.
- Has it been less than 4.5 years since you graduated from your PhD?
- Doctoral Degree (preferred)
- synthetic organic chemistry: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person