Thermo Design Engineering is a recognized leader in engineering, manufacturing, and construction in the energy industry around the world. From conceptual engineering and design to manufacturing of fully operational turnkey oil and gas plant solutions, TDE has the equipment, services, and expertise to create industry-leading oil and gas facilities.
At TDE, we focus on partnering with you to provide customized solutions that solve everyday challenges and maintain optimum performance into the future.
Why join our team?
- Competitive base salary and variable pay that rewards individual, team, and company performance.
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee well-being.
- Support and empowerment to promote work/life balance.
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment.
- On the job training, informal mentorships, company-sponsored job-specific training, and formal education programs.
TDE is searching for a Heat Exchanger Supervisor to be responsible for heat exchanger operations, coordination, and immediate supervision of work crews, focusing on the safe execution of projects, providing reliable technical expertise, effective service, and quality workmanship, resulting in a high degree of company and client satisfaction.
- Manage the overall performance of the Heat Exchanger Department with focus on Cost, Quality, Safety, and Leadership.
- Coordinate and prioritize jobs with the Production Manager.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the Production Manager other Supervisors to meet deadlines.
- Ensure the Production Manager is aware of progress on ALL projects.
- Mentor and work closely with Foremen and Lead Hands.
- Coordinate and delegate work ensuring the Foremen and/or Lead Hands understand exactly what is expected.
- Issue disciplinary actions if needed.
- Report any issues and/or concerns to the Production Manager and/or the Production Superintendent.
- Assign necessary work force to jobs.
- Review drawings with Foremen and Lead Hands.
- Ensure materials are on site via the Materials Department and the Purchasing Department.
- Inform the Production Superintendent of heat exchanger priority for fabricated parts.
- Coordinate delivery of internal and external parts fabricated by Shop 7.
- Ensure Project Managers and the Purchasing Department order the buyout parts.
- Attend meetings and inform Project Managers of progress.
- Assist Foremen and Lead Hands in QC related matters – ex: request inspections in-house or 3rd party.
- Inform Foreman and Lead hands of hold points for inspections.
- Help coordinate heat exchanger movement when complete.
- Coordinate repairs of any deficiencies found by the QC department and/or Inspectors.
- Coordinate equipment and shop repairs with the Maintenance Department.
- Order tools and equipment in the absence of the Production Manager.
- Assist with interviews and hires of Fitters, Welders, and Apprentices.
- 20+ years of industrial fabrication or construction experience.
- 10+ years in a Supervisory capacity.
- Must have Inter-Provincial Journeyman Certification.
- Working knowledge and background in a fabrication, manufacturing, and construction is essential.
- Proficient knowledge of industry best practices.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a high pressure and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize activities, adapt, and stay focused in a dynamic changing environment.
- Good computer skills are an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with all levels of staff.
Please submit resume through Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person