Untap your talents – are you building your full potential? Design with purpose and impact. Driving sustainable solutions that push the boundaries of science and art, technology, and design, consider transforming lives in the education and community, affordable & care housing and multi-family housing sectors that Station One Architects specializes in. SOA is known throughout the province for creating dynamic spaces that exceed client expectations and transform lives.
You’re not alone. With our supportive team structure and mentorship at each career path step, pursue your passion where new ideas are welcome, and innovation is a key strength. With over 30 years of expertise to draw on, SOA provides the backbone to become a master of the art.
From the basics to advanced growth opportunities, SOA provides regular in-house learning (lunch included!) and pays for additional courses, conferences, and professional registrations to keep us on the forefront. Our creative atmosphere encourages fresh ideas, and team members have a voice.
Where do you like to play?
- Live where you’d vacation. Families can afford a house. Wear shorts in winter. Explore the mountains, lakes and rivers in our backyard. Read on the beach, paddle on the lake year-round, climb up or ski down a mountain, or cheer on the Canucks after work in Canada’s warmest winter climate.
- Life-work balance with a shorter 37.5 hour week, comp time, and Friday afternoons off in summer to allow greater opportunity for personal pursuits.
- Ditch the daily stressful commute of Vancouver yet live within an hour’s drive.
- Celebrate success. Regular team/family events and annual retreats are jam-packed with new adventures.
- All are welcome, regardless of background. Equity, diversity, and inclusion is valued.
- Healthy hearts and minds are built. Treat yourself to a massage with full extended health and dental benefits (no premiums). Design competitions, book clubs, lunch games, design Fridays, fundraisers, walks, runs, hikes, softball and paintball are just a few examples of team fun.Are you passionate about building BC communities? At Station One Architects, our design experts specialize in three core areas: education, affordable housing and multi-family projects. We’re looking for an experienced architect who designs with purpose and impact. Join us in creating vital community spaces that inspire.
We are humbly confident in transforming our clients’ vision into built form.
We value our clients: We listen. We’re easy to work with. We deliver on time and on budget.
We value our team: We believe in work-life balance. We care about team culture and offer growth opportunities.
We have big aspirations: We are a leading architectural firm in the province and we’re still growing. Every member of our team is part of our success. We are committed to exploration and innovation.
You are a master of the technical considerations that support great building design. As our newest senior architectural technologist, you’ll be a vital member of our project teams and a valued leader. You’ll use Revit and other visual communication tools to assist and lead in the production of design and construction documents for a range of educational, affordable housing and multi-family projects in communities across BC. We are a company of creative minds. Grow your career where innovation and new ideas are valued.
- Produce complete sets of working drawings, graphic presentations and visualizations.
- Coordinate and lead project meetings with clients and consultants.
- Assist with the preparation of specifications and addenda.
- Review shop drawings, coordinate RFI responses and perform field reviews.
- Provide leadership and training for team members.
- Maintain current knowledge of the relevant standards and codes.
- Assist in other technical, administrative and general duties as required.
- Travel to clients and project sites across BC as required.
- Participate in relevant continuing education opportunities.
- Contribute to SOA’s team culture and model our core values.
- Experienced in the production of construction drawings for medium-to-large-scale projects.
- Can prepare and assemble complete construction documents for permit applications and tender.
- Knowledge of all types of construction and applying the BC Building Code.
- Fluency in Revit and applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs.
- Proficiency in Lumion and Microsoft 365.
- Highly collaborative leader who can direct, coach and inspire team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and consultants; can interpret and address client needs.
- Proactive and detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to align with SOA’s design sensibilities.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Confident and engaging public speaker.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-performance environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Lifelong learner.
- experience in educational, multi-family, affordable housing and/or high-rise projects.
- Minimum 2–4-year diploma or post-secondary degree in Architectural or Building Sciences, or equivalent.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience as an architectural technologist.
Let’s talk. This full-time position in Chilliwack offers a competitive salary, full health & dental benefits package. SOA supports continuing education to keep us at the forefront.
Look us up at www.soarchitects.com and follow us @stationone_architects. Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person