LUTHERWOOD IS DEDICATED TO SUPPORTING COMMUNITIES WHERE EVERYONE EXPERIENCES MENTAL WELLNESS, OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMPLOYMENT, A PLACE TO CALL HOME, AND A SENSE OF BELONGING.
To better serve the diversity of our community, Lutherwood is committed to embedding anti-racist, anti-oppressive practices, and perspectives into the fabric of our organization. We have implemented mandatory antiracism training, we are actively building safe spaces to host brave conversations for learning, and we are fostering a culture of belonging for all, but especially BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, historically and presently marginalized individuals and communities.
There is one Full-time contract Housing Support Worker position available starting on October 02, 2023, and ending on May 10, 2024, working 37.5 hours per week.
- As part of the PATHS2Home team, provides case management support to individual participants to access and stabilize in housing.
- Works with community partners to ensure a coordinated approach to ending chronic homelessness in Waterloo Region.
- Works from a person-centered approach to identify and meet the complex needs of individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Works in alignment with the agency’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression values
Your Talents and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in social services with relevant experience working in a community-based setting.
- Experience in supportive counseling and case management.
- Ability to work autonomously and decision-making ability is required.
- Knowledge of the local housing market and community services within Waterloo Region.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- PSW must have also a social service diploma/degree.
- Reliable transportation is essential for this position.
- Required to hold a “G” class license and a two-million-dollar liability policy as part of personal car insurance.
What's in it for you?
- Rate of Pay:
- At Lutherwood all salaries are categorized under a series of "bands" determined during our job evaluation process. When determining rate of pay for external hires, a candidates past related experience will be taken into consideration along with where others with similar experience currently fall within the band. Note: most new team members will start between the starting salary and the mid-point of the range.
- Job Band H (hourly wages): Min - $27.82, Mid - $30.20, Max - $34.24
- Eligible to participate in Group RRSP and TFSA plans.
- Voluntary eligibility for Pension after 2 years
- 3 weeks Paid vacation (accumulated bi-weekly) + 15 hours of personal time per year
- Paid Sick time (accumulated monthly) to a maximum of 300 hours.
- Access to our Employee and Family Assistant Program (no cost).
- Discounted GRT passes through membership with TravelWise.
If you are customer-focused, results-driven and share our values and antiracism commitment, we want you to grow with us. Please submit a cover letter outlining how your life experience has given you a deep understanding of homelessness and a resume, in confidence, no later than 4 pm on September 15, 2023, to:
141 Father David Bauer Drive
Waterloo, ON N2L 6N9
Email: [email protected]
(Include job title in subject line)
This is an Internal and External posting.
Lutherwood requires all employees to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment. We require certain positions to obtain a Medical Certification.
If you require accommodation for submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources department at [email protected] or by calling 519-707-1958 ext. 1190.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $27.82-$34.24 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15
Expected start date: 2023-10-02