Who we are:
Within the BUTTING Group our sales team at BUTTING Canada is the connecting link to the North American market. BUTTING Canada's obligation is to be a professional partner to its customers for a number of Industries by providing profound manufacturing expertise and the BUTTING know-how. BUTTING Canada supplies our North American customers welded pipes, machined and fabricated components, pressure vessels and storage tanks manufactured in our plants in Germany and China.
Join BUTTING Canada as a Shipping & Logistic Coordinator and you will be part of an international, customer-centric team that is working in a modern office setting with flexible work hours and with the option to work from home.
BUTTING Canada offers you an excellent benefits package with Manulife Financial. This includes but is not limited to extended health, vision and dental coverage, AD&D, life insurance, and travel insurance. But it does not stop here! At BUTTING, we care about our employees and we will support your growth and well-being with many other extras and benefits.
- Process orders and generate order documents with SAGE300 - From entering purchase orders and order acknowledgements to invoicing our customers.
- Negotiate, dispatch and assign carriers to customers’ shipments.
- Manage carrier portfolio, proactively source new carriers and work with carriers including negotiating favorable, but fair rates, developing strong relationships as well as operational understandings, helping match carrier preferred lanes with freight.
- Arrange customer’s shipments with partner carriers to ensure efficient transportation and on time delivery.
- Proactively communicate pertinent shipment details to/from (Airfreight, ocean freight and motor) carriers, and our internal team in Canada, Germany and China.
- Make pick-up and delivery appointments, tracking and tracing every shipment daily and providing updates to customers.
- Prepare shipping documents for customs clearance into Canada and the US including importer security filing.
- Co-ordinate booked orders and support in Expediting purchase orders to ensure smooth transition from finished production to transport and inform the customer of the order status and expediting deliveries.
In this position you will work closely with senior management to define strategic direction and objections. You will collaborate with Carrier’s, Freight Forwarders, and fellow colleagues on a daily basis.
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of shipment and logistic processes.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Capability to work independently.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience in SAGE 300 is beneficial.
- Fluent in English, German is considered an asset.
Join BUTTING Canada
If you have the qualifications and skills to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2X 1J6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-15