Viacore Solutions has been providing timely access to conveyor belting and material flow handling products, accessories and solutions since 1969. We make things move for our clients. Through our twenty-one branches across Canada, Viacore enjoys one of the largest sales and service networks in the Material Handling industry in Canada. Viacore’s customer-oriented maintenance service has earned us a reputation for being the best in the industry. www.viacore.com
Our Winnipeg, MB branch is currently looking for a Shipping and Receiving & Warehouseman to join its team. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying, and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
- Perform picking, packing, and shipping of goods, including package assembly, material preparation using hand or power tools.
- Receive, verify, tag, and put away incoming products in a accurate and timely manner, scan paperwork to the proper location.
- Perform various quality control checks and verify the quality of all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Update computer system with required shipping / receiving information including shipment status, weight, dates, quality control information, bills of lading numbers and other data as required.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, customs documents, pick lists and pack lists.
- Contact carriers to obtain quotes or freight charges and make pickup/delivery arrangements as per work order instructions and/or special instructions provided by the customer.
- Maintain storage areas with incoming, pending, and outgoing goods.
- Maintain housekeeping within the shipping & receiving area and other areas as required.
- Ensure all shipments are picked up daily.
- Deliver or pick up goods when necessary.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization including rearranging inventory to best fit within the warehouse.
- Cut and assemble various types of belting, hose assemblies, sheet rubber and related materials as required.
- Education: High School Graduate or GED: Required
- Experience: Minimum one year of experience in a shipping/receiving role, in an industrial business, ideally within the same or related industry.
Certification & Licenses：
- Forklift certified (will train if necessary)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) (will train if necessary)
Skills & Abilities:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Mechanical aptitude – able to operate tools and equipment necessary in the performance of shipping/receiving duties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with others in a team-focused environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive wage
- Full range of health benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Group RRSP plan with 5% employer matching
- Opportunities to grow within our organization
- Awesome team of dedicated individuals
We thank all applicants in advance, but we will only contact those who have been shortlisted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R2X 2P6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person