Mangia's Sandwiches is a sister restaurant to Jo's Italian Deli specializing in sliced-to-order deli sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
Jo’s Italian Deli is a family-run Italian restaurant and deli. Over time, we’ve picked through our family’s recipe books and grown our offering from a few sandwiches to include a full menu of homemade sandwiches and pasta for lunch and dinner as well as offer a variety of imported Italian grocery items. We've now "borrowed" the same family recipes in place at Jo's to expanded the brand to include the sandwich-focussed Mangia's Sandwiches.
Today, in both Chilliwack and Vancouver, our growing team’s goal is to continue to serve these same staple foods to an increasing number of guests and friends in a casual, convenient, and friendly space.
We're a growing business and looking for people to grow with us! In addition to serving our guests, team members will slice the meats and make our our sandwiches to order, keep our grocery section stocked, and prepare sauces and ingredient from scratch. We provide the training and job shadowing necessary to feel comfortable working any station – from sandwiches, to prep, to cash.
Whether you’re a student looking for an entry level role, a food service veteran, or anywhere in between, we have a role designed with you in mind. We promote from within and it’s common to earn an expanded role over time. If this fits what you’re looking for, we’d love to meet you!
We’re looking to add a team member interested serving customers and making sandwiches, who is eventually interested in learning all aspects of the store. As you learn your role, you’ll be able to grow as we do. In time, you'll be expected to:
- Slice and prepare sandwiches to order according to standards
- Serve customers and process transactions on the till
- Help with the food prep and other regular tasks
- Competitive starting pay, plus tips (Base wage is $17.50-$20.00 per hour plus $2-$3 per hour tips)
- Opportunity and path for role and compensation growth
- Fixed schedules/ hours
- Free food
- Discounted groceries
What we’re looking for
- Someone eager to build relationships with customers
- A fast walker – someone that can keep up when it's busy
- A team member we’ll enjoy working with and be able to depend on
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 10-30 per week
Salary: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person