Glencore is one of the world’s leading diversified natural resources companies, producing and trading more than 90 commodities. The Group’s operations encompass some 150 mining and metals sites and agricultural oil facilities—supported by a global network of more than 90 offices in over 50 countries. The Group some around 181,000 people, including contractors, and provides opportunities for employees’ skill and career development.
Join us and let’s grow together.
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
About the Position
Looking to further challenge yourself as an HR generalist in a fun and rewarding organization?
This new role is part of our Human Resources team at the Glencore Copper Division regional office in Laval, Quebec. As an HR Business Partner, you will act as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the business leaders and managers, providing comprehensive HR support and guidance.
Key tasks in this role, but not limited to:
- Support the development and implementation of HR strategies aligned with the regional HR strategy to drive organizational success.
- Provide advice and guidance on labour relations matters, including performance management, disciplinary actions, and conflict resolution. Support managers in addressing employee issues, ensuring fair and consistent application of HR policies and procedures.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify workforce needs.
- Development and coordination of regional onboarding program
- Support the extension of internal and temporary contracts.
- Support sites in the development and follow-up of their employee engagement action plan.
- Coach and support managers in providing constructive feedback, addressing performance issues, and fostering employee growth and development, all while supporting the performance management process.
- Review and develop HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global HR standards. Provide guidance on policy interpretation and ensure consistent application across the organization.
- Support the implementation of new HR systems and technology
- Work closely with other HR team members to support change management, organizational development and diversity & inclusion initiatives. Facilitation workshops and training sessions, as required.
- Analyze HR data and metrics to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement with suggested action plans to follow.
Specifically, the incumbent will be required to:
- Operate within a dynamic work environment;
- Work closely with a strategy-oriented HR team and collaborate with teams in various locations;
- Leverage your creativity and innovative ideas.
Do you have what it takes?
- Certified CRHA; demonstrated integrity and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Proven experience as an HR Business Partner (5+ years)
- Experience in coaching and supporting teams;
- Analytical and critical-thinking abilities to assess situations, identify issues, and develop effective solutions.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make informed decisions in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Understanding of the mining and mettalurgy industry.
Travels to our sites in Quebec (Montreal East and Rouyn-Noranda) and occasional travels to our sites in the United States.
Languages: Bilingual (English and French).
What We Offer:
- Working at Glencore means choosing a safe environment where well-being, respect, fairness and integrity are top priorities!
- Glencore offers a range of career opportunities leading to a variety of paths within the company!
- Glencore provides a range of benefits and a very competitive group insurance plan!
Interested candidates are required to submit their resumes confidentially in the Career section of the website https://www.glencore.ca/careers/career-opportunities
Only candidates who are duly authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
Glencore is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please advise us of your needs in your application.