Perform routine cleaning (surface disinfection, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, etc.) of all areas of the facility including but not limited to occupied patient rooms, clinic areas, nursing stations, waiting rooms, lobbies, washrooms, offices, kitchens, operating rooms, utility rooms, corridors, morgues, equipment, and public areas in accordance with quality standards, procedures, and training. Replenishing washroom supplies.
- Removal and handling recycling, compost, garbage, biomedical and cytotoxic waste in accordance with procedures and legislation.
- May also be trained on the use of motorized cleaning equipment and performing floor care.
- Attend staff meetings, safety huddles, education, and training as required.
- Utilize cleaning chemicals (i.e., bleach) and equipment (such as ladders, mops, vacuums and some motorized cleaning equipment) in accordance with training and procedures.
- Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and uniform as required.
- Perform other duties in support of the housekeeping function; performing cross-functional and other duties as assigned and/or required.
- Perform simple repetitive tasks in maintaining an assigned area of the hospital in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition.
To Succeed in This Role, You Will Need the Following:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- One-year housekeeping/laundry experience
- One-year housekeeping/laundry experience in health care setting – preferred
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to carry out the use of heavy equipment for deep scrubbing of floors
- Must be physically fit to carry out bending, lifting and extended periods of walking or standing and ladder climbing
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history is a requirement of this position
Posting Number: 23-103
Number of Positions Available: TBD
Department: Environmental Services
Hours of Work: Permanent Part Time, scheduled up to 24 hours a week. Must be available to work shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends. Shifts and hours may change according to departmental requirements and as per the SEIU collective agreement.
Salary: $25.52 – $26.12 an hour
How to Apply: Please submit your application through gbgh.on.ca under Career Opportunities by uploading your resume and cover letter as either a PDF or Word document(s). Applications must be received by June 15, 2023 at 9am EST.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Selection will be based on the skill, ability, experience and qualifications. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview or other applicable testing where required.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Our Commitment: Georgian Bay General Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply including visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2s+ persons, and anyone else who will contribute to a diverse workplace.
Why GBGH? Why Now? Georgian Bay General Hospital is embarking on a transformative process to grow in alignment with the needs of our community. A community that is passionate about their hospital. A community that wants safe, high quality care. With a leadership team committed to quality and safety, GBGH is focused on delivering a great patient experience and positive patient outcomes.We have a renewed focus on our people, investing in skill development, leadership growth and engaging our team. At GBGH, we are committed to people because we know they are the ones who have the biggest impact on our patients. We continually seek team members who work with a purpose - to make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.Our dedication to our patients, our commitment to quality and safety, and our belief in an engaged and informed team are how GBGH delivers Exceptional care, every person, every time.