CALGARY DREAM CENTRE PHILOSOPHY
The Calgary Dream Centre is a faith-based organization serving societies’ most vulnerable individuals through a holistic approach to care that enables people to break free from cycles of homelessness and addiction to experience lives of hope and purpose. Our multi-phased program provides the tools necessary to live in recovery, health, contribution, and reconnection within family and community.
At the Calgary Dream Centre, we are committed to the core values of mercy, compassion, respect, integrity, and innovation. We strive to develop a workplace culture that practices these values every day as we engage with staff, volunteers, partners, and the individuals in our programs.
Reporting to the Director of Properties, and supporting the Director of Operations and Administration, this position provides administrative support and has the responsibility for the coordination of, documents, and systems in place to guide and support the maintenance/ facility staff and contractors who upkeep the community properties of The Calgary Dream Centre. This role provides dedicated support to the maintenance. Operations and logistics personnel. They will also work to develop a detailed understanding of the operational processes and property management functions to provide administrative support.
RESPONSIBILITES & SCOPE OF EMPLOYMENT
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with booking and scheduling of maintenance tasks for approximately 49 property locations as required
- Ensure work order reports are prepared, accurate, kept up to date submitted in a timely manner
- Coordinate contracts for provision of CDC garages and rental storage to be reviewed and approved by Director of Properties.
- Assign, and monitor the distribution and production of work orders through maintenance management software application (WorxHub).
- Support as required, to meet and greet contractors and service providers in the tower, ensuring they have access to all areas required and contact details for follow-up details
- Organization and storage of keys
- With direction from the Director of Operations Manager, and the Director of Properties you will submit Purchase Orders within the established process.
- Support with the coordination building and fire safety initiatives.
- Assist with coordination of fleet maintenance and scheduling
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed to support the property management and operations teams such as Filing, Meeting Minutes and Creating Inventory Lists and Spreadsheets
- Supporting Property and Operations team with expenses.
All other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A combination of education and experience that includes a minimum of 3 years in a role with an administrative and organizational focus
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing role and in providing a high level of service and professionalism
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, O365, and general technology and internet use
Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, including strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow, and possess excellent time management skills
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization as well as to external vendors
- Possesses the skills set required to prepare comprehensive reports and interpret data as well as maintain up to date files and information
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and be self-motivated
- Acute attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards
- Experience using property management and/or accounting software platforms is an asset
As a condition of employment, all staff are required to produce a clear Criminal Record Background check with Vulnerable Sector search upon hire and every three years thereafter.
WHY JOIN US?
At the Calgary Dream Centre we are committed to the core values of mercy, compassion, respect, integrity, accountability and innovation. We practice these values every day as we engage with people on the streets and in our programs, supporting them as they take steps towards recovery and a new, purposeful life.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.