Agricultural Equipment Technician
Smiths Farm Equipment (Jasper) Ltd. – Jasper, ON.
Smiths Farm Equipment (Jasper) Ltd. is a locally owned, full-service farm equipment dealership that has been serving the farming and rural lifestyle community for over 60 years. We are looking for highly organized, energetic individuals to fill two full-time positions as Agricultural Equipment Technicians. Come join our team and be part of a well-rounded intergenerational family-oriented company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for diagnosis and repair of all new and used agricultural equipment by completing the following:
- Assemble and adjust new agricultural equipment.
- Provide clear and concise reports to account for all time and materials used to perform assigned duties.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of farm machinery. These may include fuel systems, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, electrical and electronic systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Previous farm machinery repair and service experience an asset, but heavy equipment or truck repair and service experience will be considered.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50+ Lbs repeatedly.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of various equipment and their service needs.
- Able to learn new technologies, service procedures and specifications.
- Capable of working outside in all types of weather for on-site and in-shop service.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- The ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Willingness to learn and actively participate in training as directed by the Dealership
Regular working hours are from Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm in Jasper, Ontario. Additionally, a Saturday shift rotation is mandated for the hours of 8am to 12 Noon. Additional hours may be required seasonally outside of regular working hours and may consist of evenings. We provide a Competitive Benefit Package. Starting wage will be commensurate with accreditations, experience and skill.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jasper, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- mechanical: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person