A Structural Steel Detailer or Modelers role is to effectively produce accurate and complete detail drawings for structural and miscellaneous steel using Tekla Structures, within the estimated time as set out by the project plan.
To qualify for this position:
· Knowledge of Structural Steel software. (Preferred Tekla 3D structures; Advance Steel, AutoCAD).
· Experience in the steel industry
· Ability to read and interpret design drawings.
· Must have strong computer skills.
· Will work well with each staff person, be likeable and humble in approach.
· Strong written / verbal communications skills in the English language within the drafting team.
Key Responsibility Areas:
· Read and interpret design drawings.
· Use Tekla 3D structures software.
· Create single part drawings with relevant information for fabrication.
· Create assembly drawings with relevant information for fabrication.
· Create erection drawings with all relevant information for approver and site installer.
· Attention to details specifically within the changes and revisions to existing drawing.
· Ensuring that completed drawings have been reviewed and comply with companies’ fabrication and erection needs (as per contract).
· Double check steel member information by referencing back to contract drawings.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$28.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Blumenort, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you aware this is an on-site position?
- Tekla: 1 year (required)
- drafting: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person